The Alaska Herpetological Society (AHS) is sponsoring a photography contest to showcase the state’s herpetofauna. Winning photographs will receive a spot in our 2013 calendar and the photographers will be recognized in this for their contributions. Winners will receive a free 2013 calendar!
All contest submissions must be made prior to December 1st, 2012. Winners will be notified no later than December 10th, 2012.
1. All photographs must:
a. Have been taken by the person submitting the photograph
b. Have been taken within the last two years
c. Have been taken within the State of Alaska
d. Contain an amphibian or reptile
e. Be of high enough quality / large enough size that they do not appear pixelated when stretched to fit a standard 8X12 sheet of paper
2. Form information must be completed in its entirety in order for a photograph to be considered.
3. Up to five photos may be submitted per person. While multiple winning photos may be selected from the same individual, winners are entitled to only one free calendar.
4. You must agree to allow AHS to use your submitted image for educational and promotional activities as it sees fit. Your name will always be credited when your photograph is used.
1. The winners of the contest will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Executive Board.
2. The Executive Board of the Alaska Herpetological Society (AHS) will score all photograph submissions based on the following criteria:
a. Quality of Image
b. Herpetofaunal Content
c. Uniqueness of Character
d. Situation / Story / Background
Image / Photograph Release
By submitting an image you are agreeing that you give the Alaska Herpetological Society (AHS) their assigns, licenses, and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use the image / photograph and its associated data in all forms and media and in all manners, including composite or purpose, and you waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, that may be created in connection therewith. You also agree that this releases the AHS and any and all of its representatives from any and all monetary obligations or payments to you or any or all of your authorized representatives for use of the image / photograph and associated data.